Thinking about branding? A brand creates the feeling of familiarity and comfort in the minds of the consumer, leading to a confidence about the quality of your product and location. An alliance with a strong and enduring brand gives you preferred access to exceptional products, services, promotions and advertising. The following are some of the benefits of branding:
- Your business will get a vibrant face-lift, improving its curb appeal.
- By signing a contract under a brand, you will have access to reliable supply and competitive pricing on fuel.
- Branding gives you access to top-of-the-line equipment and cutting edge technology along with built-in customer support.
- Your gasoline will no longer be perceived as “generic”. Like it or not, many consumers trust branded gasoline more than unbranded. They believe branded fuel is of higher quality, passes higher EPA standards, and is worthy of a higher price tag. Some of the bigger brands go a step further in attracting these customers by highlighting the additives included in their proprietary blended gasoline, (for example, BP with Invigorate® and Citgo with TriClean®).
- You will be authorized to offer the brand’s credit card, rewards and gift cards, as well as corporate fleet cards and programs, all of which save you on card processing fees.
- Branded advertising campaigns increase visibility and exposure for your station. Targeted advertising on cable and broadcast TV, radio, internet, billboards and digital ads drive customers to your location.
- Choosing to brand your station can open the door to a variety of philanthropic efforts, volunteer activities and educational support programs. Major brands offer programs and support initiatives to give back to their communities, for example, BP Fueling Communities, The Valero Foundation, The Citgo Fueling Good Program and The Sunoco Foundation. Such programs provide assistance to enable you to take a leadership role in your community.
- Your branded location can be found on most GPS devices and search maps.